Sinus Precaution Instructions
These are general instructions for post-operative care. You may require more specific care instructions after your procedure. Sometimes the after-effects of oral surgery are quite minimal, so not all of the instructions may apply. Common sense will often dictate what you should do. Please call our office if you have any questions or concerns. We have 24/7 coverage. Our number is: (404)252-5626.
Because of the close relationship between upper teeth and the sinus, a communication between the sinus and mouth can occur during surgery. Sometimes the communication heals slowly and with difficulty. If this complication has occurred in your case, these precautions will assist in healing. We ask that you faithfully follow these instructions:
To be followed for 14 days post-operatively in addition to regular home care instructions.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not blow your nose.
- Do not hold back a sneeze.
- Do not sip through a straw.
- No heavy lifting or vigorous physical activity.
- Take pain medication as needed. Any other medication prescribed take on time and for full length of time prescribed.
- Do not chew over involved surgical site.
- No alcohol based beverages for 10 days.
**Slight bleeding from the nose is not uncommon for several days after surgery. Please keep our office advised of any changes in your condition, especially if drainage or pain increases. it is important that you keep all future appointments until this complication has resolved.